Special Educational Needs
At Bishop Martin we are devoted to developing and enriching the lives of children. To achieve this, teachers regularly adapt their teaching and learning activties so that all children have access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
Bishop Martin have a holistic approach when identifying the needs of children with SEN. The SENCo ensures the needs of all children are addressed by following the SEND Code of Practice and by keeping inclusion at the heart of this process.
Bishop Martin liaise with a wide variety of external agencies to support the provision in place for children with SEN, these include:
- Educational Psychologist - 0151 225 6664
- ADHD Foundation - 0151 237 2661
- Speech and Language Therapy - 0151 237 2661
- SENISS (Special Educational Needs Inclusion Support Service) - 0151 233 5988
- School Family Support Service - 0151 233 8231
- Occupational Therapy - 0151 252 5236
- Seedlings - 0151 707 1025
- SEN Consortia - 0800 085 2022
- Educational Welfare Officer - 0151 233 3916
How we handle complaints from parents/carers of pupils with SEN about SEN provision.
Any complaints should first be raised with the SENCO, then if necessary with the Executive Headteacher and finally, if unresolved, with the SEN Governor. All complaints follow the school’s complaints procedure.
Managing parental complaints related to SEN (any of the following may apply)
Meetings with the parents/carers are arranged, perhaps involving a mediator such as the ‘Information, Advice and Support Service’ (currently Parent Partnership).
Key issues are identified including where there is agreement.
Discussions should take place with the SENCO.
Reports provided by outside agencies should be considered.
Outcomes are reviewed examining what progress the pupil has made.
Please find below important documents regarding our SEND provision.