Bishop Martin School Council
Our School Council is one of our Pupil Leadership Teams. Children select which team they want to be a part of.
As the School Council we aim to
- Work together as a team to ensure we can be the best school possible by discussing ideas and making decisions.
- To make pupils feel comfortable, happy and safe at school.
- To listen to others and discuss comments and suggestions that would make our school an even more wonderful place.
- We shall work hard to make our world a better place.
- To make sure all children know about the Rights of the Child and how to help others achieve those rights.
Children vote for each other in their year group from a range of nominees. The school council is led by a Chair and a Vice Chair who are chosen by the elected council members. We have a teacher representative who helps to facilitate the meetings. The school council helps to provide a voice for all pupils and meet regularly.
So far this year we have led our Harvest donations, visiting the food bank and learning all about where our donations go.
We have also joined together with the Science Squad and the Eco-Committee to have our own COP 26 and set goals to make our school more sustainable.
We also led Christmas Jumper Day raising money for Save the Children.
Watch this space to find out what else we achieve this year.